Fig week 2k17 continues folks!
So I never really understood the “Toast” phenomenon. I mean, WHOLE restaurants dedicated to what is basically an open-faced sandwich?
But you know, I DO get that sometimes two pieces of bread is too much for your sandwich ingredients and other times the food is just too pretty to cover up. My Pregnant lady brunch (prunch?)– which is basically an extra meal between breakfast and lunch since my belly is waaaaaay too big for regular sized meals these days– the other day was both of those things. Pretty AND light. Two pieces of toast would have overwhelmed it all. What I loved about this (beyond how yummy honey, figs, burrata, and a sprinkle of kosher salt was) was that the only real cooking involved was toasting the french bread, so this could be a fancy breakfast, a light lunch, or a killer appetizer.
- ¼ or ½ loaf of French Bread, sliced into rounds
- 4-8 Figs, sliced in half
- 1-3 Pouches Burrata cheese, cut open
- 2-4 basil leaves, Chiffonade (or cut into ribbons)
- 3 Tablespoons (or more!) Honey
- Kosher Salt or Sea Salt
- Toast the French Bread rounds until crispy.
- Spread with creamy Burrata cheese.
- Top with sliced ripe figs and place on the cheese.
- Sprinkle Basil ribbons.
- Drizzle honey. Season with kosher salt or sea salt and devour!